Sunday 05th Jan
As we wave goodbye to 2013, many businesses may be resolving to develop new marketing strategies for the coming year.
Having a well built website and active social media pages are vital for any business, however they can be rendered useless if no one ever gets to see them.
Search engines are a great way to direct traffic to your website and any pages associated with your brand.
When it comes to online marketing, SEO (search engine optimisation) is one aspect we find to be least understood.
If you’re one of many who just cant get your head around SEO, we encourage you to check out these statistics. They may come as a reminder that investing more into your SEO efforts this year will more than pay off.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 42% of those search users click the top-ranking link.
- Whereas only 8% click the second-ranking link.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages.
- Therefore it’s unsurprising that 81% of businesses said they considered their blogs to be an important asset to their businesses.
- Almost 40% (39%) of customers come from search results.
- 75% of search users will not scroll past the first page of search results.
Search engine optimisation ensures your website can be easily found on search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Without on-going attention you may find your site slips down the rankings.
SEO can involve restructuring a site, coding, content creation, marking up content, market research, strategy, link building, and public relations, so unless you have the time and patience to master it, its probably best you approach an SEO specialist
The numbers are proof. SEO is not only vital to maintaining your brand, it’s absolutely necessary if you want to stay competitive and grow your business.
Contact us to find out more information on our SEO solutions.