Tuesday 29th Apr
Emails to potential customers are pretty much redundant if they never get opened. After all if your recipients aren’t opening your emails, they cant click through to your website.
We’re sharing some tips that ensure your emails are read rather than ignored. Follow these 10 essential rules for friendly, effective, eagerly anticipated emails.
- Get personal. Be helpful. Be friendly. Ask questions.Stop talking about subscribers. Write as if you’re emailing that person only. It instantly makes your emails more personal.
- Don’t waste people’s time. You’re busy. They’re busy. Only email when you have something truly valuable or helpful to say.
- Be trustworthy. Let people know what to expect. Yes, sales messages should be part of your email marketing, but just be clear about it when they sign up.
- Don’t be creepy. Feel free to personalize emails, but don’t repeat people’s name too often, as it can make you sound like a call centre script. Switch it for you. Its one of the most persuasive words in the English language.
- Promise a reward. Embrace the “always be learning” motto. Share a useful tip with readers. Inspire them. If people know they’ll benefit from your email they’ll be itching to read more.
- Use power words. New. Save. Free. Results. Immediate. Less is more- use power words sparingly and strategically.
- Dare to be different Break rules and experiment. You might be surprised by what works and what doesn’t.
- Write fast, keep it short. Long, clumsy emails slaughter your readers’ interest.
- Develop a natural voice. Consider your emails to be a way of talking to your customers or readers. Be like a friend. Be human!
- Now take the next step Done all the above? Provide the reader with a clear call to action for each newsletter.